Sunday, July 5, 2009

Common Sense

One day as I was watching the news, I became fed up with all of the stories about people not using their heads anymore. So I wrote this poem. Enjoy...

Common Sense

Common Sense is not common anymore,
It stays behind when people close the door.

It slipped out the backdoor,
When it felt it wasn't needed anymore.
Across the yard and over the fence,
Leaving the population very dense.
Common Sense has left this town,
Leaving people to slowly drown.

From hot coffee actually being hot,
To burgers and fries healthy not.
Oh to think upon is perplexing,
People are driving and texting!
Oh when will it ever end,
And our problems be on the mend.

Now I'm crying in dire need,
"Come back Common Sense," I plead!

2 comments:

  1. When we get back 2 editions of papers per day and buggy whips, maybe. An eloquent lament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lament... I never thought of it that way, however when I read through it again it sure does sound like that. Two editions a day... can't say that I ever remember those days!

    ReplyDelete